2.20.2026

megan moroney and the moronity of men.

UGH!!!!!! Men are so stupid. And weird. And perverted. All the synonyms for all of the worst words you can think of. That’s men. So, if yall dont already know, I work at raising canes. And if you’ve been to a canes recently, you’ll know they’ve had Megan Moroney’s face plastered all over the building for the past week. Who is Megan Moroney, you ask?? I DONT KNOW! Had to ask my manager, but apparently she’s just some new country music star. (Fitting for Ohio I suppose). But more so, she’s a hot blonde. So you can imagine how many times I’ve been asked if the life-sized cutout of her is “for sale” or “up for grabs”. I’ve gotten pretty fucking annoyed with it, considering every single time the question is asked, the words come out of a pimply, perverted teenage boy’s mouth!!!! It’s just so fucking odd. Why must you ask me? I dont need to imagine what you’re going to do the the cardboard woman once you’re alone with her!! 

Today specifically, one of them asked to speak to a manager because I (for the billionth time that day) had to explain that no, she was not for sale. My manager then proceeded to explain that the signs were actually not for sale, they were meant to be stolen. The back of each of our signs clearly states: 

“Please dont steal me. But if you do, make sure to tag @raisingcanes!”

(An important note—no cutout of a man has ever been stolen. In fact, we’ve had more male cutouts than female cutouts, so you'd think the men would be stolen more frequently, right?  WRONG!!! In fact, when livvy dunne was advertising with us, we probably went through about a million cutouts of her a WEEK. Pretty yelling, huh? Can't even begin to imagine what kind of dingy, belowground basement goon rooms her cutout has been banished to. UGH!!!)

So of course, my manager gave the woman to them for free and made SURE to keep it lighthearted! Even cracking some funny haha jokes about how many extras they have "just in case".

 (He actually did end up giving them one of the extra ones from the office so he wouldn’t have to be bothered setting it up for opening tomorrow (Wouldn’t want that inconvenience!!)

Later on though, as Megan’s cardboard clone sat folded in thirds upon the table (conveniently doubled-over in order for the cleavage to still be visible, of course), I overheard each of them describing how hot she looked. How glossy her lips were. How good her outfit fit her. Basically, all of them going around the table telling each other how much they want to fuck her. So yeah. I ended my night at work having to listen to a festering group of teenage boys parasocially describing how badly they’d love to sexually please themselves due to this woman. Or please themselves inside of her, I guess. (ew!!!) Not even a real woman, by the way!! A fucking CARDBOARD. CUTOUT of a random woman they DONT EVEN KNOWW!!! I think this rather juvenile example of how the average teenage boy brain just goes to show the lengths men will often go to in order to (quite literally) objectify and sexualize women. 


I’d also like to add that canes has a habit of only advertising with hot sexy blonde women who make sure to keep their political stances “out of their work”, and we ALL know what that means…. But anyways. Just wanted to come on here and complain about men for a bit. Feminism is still very needed. I need a break.




No comments:

Post a Comment

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈