3.26.2026

Letter to Seniors

Love is so odd. For friends. For lovers, even past. It’s always there. Even if it’s turned into hatred or just plain neutrality. Love in high school—I think of it like a monkeys paw thing. It’s basically like, “You can love them all you want but in a few months you have to watch them all leave you and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

And I know it’s not about me. They’re all beyond successful and amazing. They’re going places. I’m just not sure im ready to walk into school next year, freshly 17, and not be greeted by both Church AND Nick. The idea of walking into museum studies and having to mentor instead of learn everything for the first time. Not being able to procrastinate graduation any longer. Not giggling with Ivan in guitar ever again. I’ll miss everything. I’m just not ready to lose everyone yet. 

I know it’s not technically “loss” because (hopefully?!?!?) all of them will still be alive come next school year, but it’s just the idea of their physical existence just… not being there anymore.

Ugh. This hurt to write. I CANT GO ON !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈